|Release date||December 29 2003 (Update)|
Insert intro about clan here.
A soot stained piece of fine parchment is attached to the post in the town square with fuse wire.
You lean closer to look at the fine, flowing script:
Let it be known throughout the lands that the Most Worshipful and Illustrious Guild of Illuminators is accepting applications for apprenticeship.
The successful apprentice will be dedicated, loyal unto death to the Guild, bright, respectful, and possessed of a firm and steady hand. Fireproof skin is an asset, albeit rare. A bent for pyromania and an appreciation of the artistry of light is helpful.
Applicants must have 25 times the experience of a stripling lad or lass. Be it known that gender is no bar to application.
A certain moral flexibility is not usually an impediment, provided that you do not discredit the name of the Guild.
Those rare few who are presented to Master Padrach for acceptance into the Guild are sure to one day be performers of the highest calibre. As such, the first test of your worth is a letter of application, relating who you are and providing an explanation of why you would pursue the calling to become a Guardian of the Night’s Light (in character, via forums). This must be addressed to one of the Illuminators, preferably one of the Masters of Houses.
After careful consideration, you will be contacted by return of post to inform you of the decision of the Guild.
White you wait for us to contact you, seek out one of our assistants in every major city, and speak to them about JOINing the GUILD.
Any person able to embrace the source, be they male or female, need not apply.
Gymnasts, singers, musicians, comedians and other practitioners of the common arts may find their time better dedicated to pursuing application with the Gleemen.
Applications remain open throughout the year.
Under the Light,
The Guild of Illuminators.
- Rank 1: Pupil
- Rank 2: Apprentice
- Rank 3: Illuminator
- Rank 4: Pyrotechnic
- Rank 5: Specialist
- Rank 6: Instructor
- Rank 7: High Council
- Rank 8: Master Illuminator
- Rank 9: Guildmaster
- Padrach Fellstir is the current Head of the Guilds.
- Rank 1:
- Rank 5: A gold ring - an electrum ring carved with twining flames
- <worn on head> a dark, fitted helm with an open face
- <worn on body> a scaled tunic with inlay of twined flames
- <worn on arms> a pair of electrum scalemail sleeves
- <worn on hands> a pair of sturdy, charred gloves
- <worn on legs> a pair of electrum scalemail leggings
- <worn on feet> a dark pair of boots with scaled gaiters
- <worn on head> a charcoal, wide brimmed hat of fine velvet
- <worn on body> a long charcoal coat with blazing orange trim
- <worn on arms> a pair of charcoal sleeves
- <worn on hands> a pair of blazing orange kote
- <worn on legs> a dark pair of blazing orange edged trousers
- <worn on feet> a pair of charcoal boots turned-down at the knee
- <worn on head> a swept back copper helmet with a bevor
- <worn on body> a copper plate bearing a black Guild seal
- <worn on arms> a pair of copper vambraces with black inlay
- <worn on hands> a faintly glowing pair of copper gauntlets
- <worn on legs> a pair of copper greaves with black inlay
- <worn on feet> a pair of worn copper plate boots
- torch - a carved electrum firestarting torch
- backpack - a soot covered backpack with protruding multi-colored tubes
- lantern - a set of sizzling fireworks
- saddle - a soot-stained saddle with blazing orange trim
- bridle - a charcoal leather bridle with orange edges
- saddlebag - a charred saddlebag with tattered edges
- keg - a powder keg
- rope - a bundle of fuses