Strength (Str) is one of the five rolled Stats. Strength is a measure of the physical power of a player character or mob. Strength plays an important role for all Races, Classes, and playstyles. Strength is known to affect the following attributes:
- Offensive bonus (OB)
- Parry bonus (PB)
- Weapon selection (heaver weapons require higher Strength to wield - see below)
- Encumbrance (with Con); this also indirectly impacts OB, PB, DB, and MVs regen.
- Warrior skill practices (with Dex, Con)
- Hunter skill practices (with Int, Wil, Dex)
Weapon weight limits[edit | edit source]
Player characters are limited in weapon selection by their Strength. For players with 9-16 Str, weapons of weight equal to their strength can be wielded. Characters with 17 Str and higher are able to wield weapons weighing up to 1.0 lbs more than their Str stat. As the heaviest wieldable weapon is 19.0 lbs, this effectively means 18+ Str characters can wield any weapon in the game.
Damage[edit | edit source]
Strength above 14 can affect melee damage.
- Roll random number x = rand(14, 20)
- If x < Strength then damage is increased
- Roll random number y = rand(0, 2)
- Damage increased by y * (Strength - x)
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
-  - WoTMUD Archives forum posting on Damage testing vs Strength